Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Overwhelmed

Okay, okay...I think I have to update this thing. It's been awhile since my last post and I am sorry if people wanted more.

I have been a bit overwhelmed. That might not be the right word, maybe a bit understated. I have started school...again. I have been accepted into a Physical Therapy Assistant program and there is a lot that is involved in the learning process and rushed in the beginning. Even the professors have said so and when they say that you know that the students will be a "bit" rushed and such. I have been thankfully treading water with some minor sinking moments but all is well (she said with her fingers crossed behind her back).

The minor sinking moment was that I had to do a practical ("hands on") check off last week, since it was the first one of my new student career I was definitely anxious and nervous and didn't really know what to expect. When it came to my turn to show the teacher that I could perform what we just learn I spaced out. utterly and completely. I couldn't remember part of what I should do! The teacher kept asking me questions (i think to try to help me...) but it made me even more flusterd and upset. Of course I failed that attempt...fortunately everyone is able to have two more tries to pass. Then I try my attempt a second time and I went to measure the joints I needed to measure (range of motion) and I had to measure the fingers and assumed I just needed to do one finger (to show i could measure fingers) but most people have five and I failed that attempt. SO on my last attempt I was able to pass and move on in the class. Whew!

I don't know why I such a problem last week because my check off this week went with flying colors! It's so typical of me. Not consistent. But hopefully this will be more consistent from here on out. Wish me luck!

So anyways, that's what is so exciting in my life right now. Well, maybe not exciting to everyone but it was to me.

Loves!
So wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hate it when i'm put on the spot and no matter how well i know the material my mind still goes blank.